50th Spotlight: Ashley Register

Upon graduating Lakewood High School, Ashley Register was uncertain about her career path, but after a friend’s suggestion to consider Sampson Community College, she sought guidance on a career path and how to apply. “I was encouraged after meeting with a counselor within Student Services at SCC as they offered guidance to identify my strengths, skills and talents. From there, I decided to pursue a career in Medical Office Administration” states Register.

“When I began the courses I was excited about the curriculum and knew immediately that this was the path I wanted to take to fulfill my career goals. In May of 2016, I was awarded an Associate’s degree in Medical Office Administration and an Associate’s degree in Office Administration.  I achieved both degrees with honors as a Phi Theta Kappa honor society member and was awarded the Outstanding Student award for Medical Office Administration.”

Upon graduation, Ashley began her career at Sampson Community College as the Administration Assistant to Healthcare Programs. “I am amazed by what I was able to accomplish at SCC in just a few years” exclaims Register. Register continues, “I congratulate the institution on 50 years of excellence and commend the College on their hard work to not only prepare, but also support, its graduates.  I encourage anyone seeking to expand their skills and knowledge to attend Sampson Community College.”

Congratulations Ashley on being this week’s 50th Anniversary highlight and thank you for sharing your story. For more information about Sampson Community College, visit http://www.sampsoncc.edu or call 910-592-8081, Sampson Community College, “Begin Here, Go Anywhere”.