50th Spotlight: Daniel Moesch

Upon retirement after serving two deployments overseas and 23 years in Army as a Black Hawk Helicopter Mechanic and First Sergeant, Daniel Moesch, this week’s Sampson Community College 50th Anniversary spotlight, wanted to come back to school to learn a trade as he entered the workforce.

During his journey at SCC as a full time welding student, Daniel used this time to mentor other students and encourage them to apply themselves as they go through their educational journey. From the coursework to the hands-on-experience achieved in the welding shop, Daniel raved about his experience at SCC and the skills learned. “As I retired from the Army, I knew I wanted to go back to school to learn a trade to apply within the Workforce. After meeting with the Welding Department Chair, Rex Matthis, I knew SCC was the place for me” adds Moesch.

Upon graduating in December 2015, Daniel was able to apply his skills immediately as he gained employment at a machine shop as their main welder in Hope Mills. “SCC has impacted my life and my families by enriching it. From earning a degree to being able to find a job right after graduation, SCC gave me trade skills that were essential as I retired from the Army and entered back into the workforce.”

“Dear Student” smiles Moesch, “when you put forth as much effort as you can, you will achieve your goal. It is important to recognize that SCC is giving you the opportunity to be one step closer to your end goal in your life’s journey.”

Congratulations Daniel on being this week’s 50th Anniversary highlight and thank you for sharing your story. For more information about Sampson Community College, visit http://www.sampsoncc.edu or call 910-592-8081, Sampson Community College, “Begin Here, Go Anywhere”.